Application for WBC 2020
Click here to open the application for WBC 2020. Once opened, please print, scan, and email to: Aya Lanzoni at Aya@WorcestersBestChef.com or Domenic Mercurio at Domenic@MercuryMediaLLC.com by November 1st, 2019.
The 13th Annual Worcester’s Best Chef competition is taking place on Sunday, January 26, 2020 at historic Mechanics Hall. Last year’s event - like the years before - was sold-out with a capacity crowd. For 2020, we expect yet another 1,200 excited foodies to visit our talented chefs.
- WBC2020 is scheduled for Sunday, January 26, which is a bye-week for NFL football (No games, Super Bowl is the following week).
- Competing chefs, finalists or winners at previous WBC events over the last 12 years, as well as newcomers, are bringing their “A” game.
- The first hour will be VIP and be limited to 350 guests who want to have quality face-time with chefs. VIP will have a dedicated relaxation room this year, and sparkling wine will be served upon their arrival.
- Beer, wine and spirits tastings will take place throughout the night.
- We have a full marketing calendar (first come, first serve) for excellent exposure on FM radio, newspaper, TV, websites and social media.
- We are adding more detail this year about the event to both our website and our Facebook pages.
- Table tents and posters will be delivered to help you promote your participation in this event.
- Winners will be given a professionally-designed banner to display at their restaurant following the event.
- At least 3 culinary high schools will be competing with each other at WBC2020, and those students will be available to assist and shadow chefs during the event. Last year, $8,000 was awarded to these students at WBC2019.
The word is out and we have already received applications for WBC2020. Chefs are being assigned places in the floor plan on a first-come, first serve basis. We strongly urge you to register now to secure your spot on the floor, as well as lock–in FM radio and TV interviews.
For registration questions, please contact Nino Giamei at Nino@WorcestersBestChef.com.